- March 26, 2018
- Posted by: Trading
- Category: Alerts
Receive the DailyFX US AM Digest in your inbox every day before US equity markets open – signup here
The US Dollar has started the week lower amid a rebound in global equity markets – another sign that the world’s reserve currency has taken on the role of a ‘safe haven.’ Likewise, the Japanese Yen has reverted some of its gains last week amid risk sentiment firming up. But with global trade tensions remaining high, it’s too soon to say that the worst is over for the greenback. The British Pound and the Euro are capitalizing on the US Dollar’s weakness, despite an almost blank slate of data out of the European Union and United Kingdom.
DailyFX Economic Calendar: Monday, March 26, 2018 – North American Releases
The first day of the holiday-shortened week on the North American economic calendar starts off with a flurry of speeches from various Federal Reserve policymakers and a few Treasury auctions, but not much else. Aside from no Canadian economic releases, there are no ‘medium’ or ‘high’ importance releases due from the United States. Given the ongoing trade tensions between China and the US, the news wire is the most potent source of risk on Monday.
DailyFX Webinar Calendar: Monday, March 26, 2018
Five Things Traders are Reading
- “Euro Hopes for Quieter Week Ahead of Easter Holiday” by Christopher Vecchio, CFA, Senior Currency Strategist
- “UK Market Webinar: FTSE Remains Rattled by US Trade Wars” by Nick Cawley, Analyst
- “S&P 500 Technical Outlook: Major Support May Quickly Fail” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
- “GBPJPY Fueled by Risk-On Move” by Nick Cawley, Analyst
- “Weekly CoT Update: Big Changes in GBP, JPY & Silver” by Paul Robinson, Market Analyst
The DailyFX US AM Digest is published every day before the US cash equity open – you can SIGNUP HERE to receive this report in your inbox every day.
The DailyFX Asia AM Digest is published every day before the Tokyo cash equity open – you can SIGNUP HERE to receive that report in your inbox every day.
If you’re interested in receiving both reports each day, you can SIGNUP HERE.