- August 11, 2018
- Posted by: Trading
- Category: Market Overview
Canadian jobs market is on fire
By the numbers:
- Canada July Net Jobs +54,100 From June
- Canada July Net Jobs Forecast At +17,000
- Canada July Full-Time Jobs -28,000; Part-Time +82,000
- Canada July Jobless Rate 5.8%; June 6.0%
- Canada July Jobless Rate Forecast At 5.9%
- Canada July Avg Hourly Wages +3.2% From Year Ago
- Canada Labor Force +19,100 In July From June
- Canada July Participation Rate At 65.4% Vs 65.5% In June
Job creation flew by market expectations in July as large gains in part-time and public sector positions helped push down the unemployment rate by two-tenths.
Canada added a net 54,100 jobs in July on a seasonally adjusted basis. The market was looking for a net gain of 17,000K.
Canada’s new jobless rate fell to 5.8% in July, down from 6% in June. The market was looking for an unemployment rate of 5.9%.
The is off from its intraday low of C$1.3122 and currently trading C$1.3062 immediately after the release.
USD/CAD for Aug. 8-9, 2018.
This article is for general information purposes only. It is not investment advice or a solution to buy or sell securities. Opinions are the authors; not necessarily that of OANDA Corporation or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers or directors. Leveraged trading is high risk and not suitable for all. You could lose all of your deposited funds.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.