- July 31, 2019
- Posted by: Trading
- Category: Market Overview
Investing.com’s Fed Rate Monitor Tool
The U.S. is one of the most closely followed economic events around the world as its stance can have a major impact on global markets.
The Federal Reserve meets eight times a year (sometimes more if deemed necessary) to set monetary policy for the world’s biggest economy.
At each of these meetings, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) analyses data to determine the health of the U.S. and global economy and determines whether it is appropriate to ether increase, decrease or hold the central bank’s interest rates.
Because Investing.com wants to help users prepare for all eventualities and limit potential portfolio shocks, we have created our very own , which calculates expectations for Fed rate changes.
The tool gives traders a countdown to the next meeting, the Fed Funds Rate for historical interest rates, and upcoming meetings and markets’ expectations.
10 Handy Hints
- Select ‘Tools’ from the Navigation Bar at the top of the page.
- Find ‘Fed Rate Monitor Tool’ under the header ‘Investment Tools’
- Explore the features of the sophisticated, real-time tool
- See the countdown to the next meeting
- Click on the dates for the upcoming meetings to gauge the likelihood of a Fed move
- Scroll down to see the Fed Funds Rate chart for historic interest rates
- Create an alert so you can receive notifications real-time when the Fed releases its rate decision
- Use the ‘Add to Calendar’ icon at the top-right of the section to add this event to your personal calendar
- Share with your trading community on social media channels
- Happy trading!
Our Fed rate monitor calculator is based on CME Group (NASDAQ:) 30-Day Fed Fund futures prices, which tend to signal the markets’ expectations regarding the possibility of changes to US interest rates based on Fed monetary policy. The tool allows users to calculate the likelihood of an upcoming Fed rate hike or cut.
Why not try it out ahead of this week’s meeting!
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.